Oh man, the grey days …
I need a sun intervention, or extra Vitamin D, and pass the Omega 3′s!!
This salad is “groovy,” and it says “sunny” to me!!
The base of the salad is raw, thinly sliced, purple cabbage with soft, juicy mango added and dressed with lime.
This colorful salad keeps well.
I add it to crunch up a bed of romaine leaves and top the entire mix with ripe, creamy avocado slices and toasted black sesame seeds.
- 2 cups finely shredded purple cabbage
- ½ cup shredded carrots
- ½ mango, cubed
- lime juice
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- In a large bowl combine the purple cabbage, carrots and mango.
- Drizzle freshly squeezed lime juice over the salad.
- Drizzle olive oil over salad.
- Mix well.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- I add this groovy rainbow salad to a bed of crisp greens and top with black sesame seeds plus toasted pepitas