I was missing a friend of mine this past week. So I baked her a cake. She was a plastic surgery resident with Bueno and became one of my dearest of friends.
She lives across the country now, and we don’t see each other as often as we would like. Baking–with special friends in mind–always makes me feel better when I’m missing them!
- 2 tablespoons tapioca flour
- ⅔ cup almond flour (almond meal)
- 12.4 ounces Bob’s Red Mill All Purpose Gluten-Free Flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅔ cup organic sugar
- ⅔ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 cups pureed bananas
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour a 9½ inch bundt baking pan.
- In a medium bowl whisk together flours, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a large bowl, whisk together brown sugar, sugar, oil, pureed banana, and vanilla until smooth.
- Fold the flour mixture into the wet ingredients until mostly mixed and then add the almond milk.
- Fold ingredients until almost fully incorporated and add the walnuts folding until just mixed. Do not over mix.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake at 350 for approximately 55-60 minutes.
- Allow cake to cool completely before inverting onto a cooling rack.