Welcome to Monday friends! I hope you had a great weekend. We enjoyed the warm weather and worked on the garden. We were able to pick the most most tender kale
and make these Almost No Work Kale Tacos with the quick veggie mix (pictured above). These are so tasty and so easy to prepare.
It was also a big weekend for me–starting a new venture that makes me super anxious and super excited, both at the same time. Last Friday was the first photo shoot for Dana Bueno Studio (Instagram below). I am so excited about it! Catherine–whose fashion sense I love–served as the stylist. Starting a new small business has been a dream of mine for a few years, ever since my shop closed. As many of you know firsthand, there is work to do and fear of failure, but there is also the excitement and thrill of pursuing a dream, no matter what lies ahead.
On Memorial Day weekend 3 years ago, I traveled to Chicago to attend a photography conference led by Me Ra Koh. On the first day of the conference, we went around the room and were asked to share about ourselves and what our dreams were for our photography. I talked about my background owning Dana’s Bread, with my strengths in business and food, but my dream was to create a studio photographing young people–to capture, through photography, their hopes and dreams and to tell their stories. Three years later, my first shoot was for a wonderful rising high school senior. With my youngest child heading back to school this fall, the time is right to embark on a new venture.
Thanks to all for your best wishes! xoxo, dana
- Roasted Corn (we use Trader Joe’s frozen roasted corn)
- Black Beans (we use canned organic beans for an almost no work meal)
- Grape or Cherry Tomatoes (halved)
- Avocado (sliced or chopped)
- Cilantro (washed, dried and cut)
- Fresh lime juice
- Corn or flour tortillas
- Baby kale, washed and dried
- Vegan Mayonaise
- Srirachi Sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- Saute desired amount of roasted corn and drained black beans in a little olive oil until warm and heated through.
- Place corn and black beans in a bowl.
- Add halved tomatoes
- Add chopped or sliced avocados
- Add cilantro and lime juice
- In another small bowl mix 2 tablespoons vegan mayo with 1 tablespoon Srirachi sauce (adjust the Sirachi sauce amount for your taste)
- Place tortilla on a plate
- Add kale – corn, bean and avocado mixture
- Add salt and pepper to taste
- Top with Srirachi mayo sauce and enjoy!!