Happy Monday friends! How was your Mother’s Day weekend? Did you celebrate your mom?? Bueno tells me he has a surprise but he won’t tell me until later this week. Hmmm…definitely has me wondering what that is all about.
We got away for a short time this weekend – less than 24 hours, but it was the pause, the breath of fresh air, and the change of scenery that we all needed. We came back early Sunday and got busy filling another one of our raised bed gardens with dirt in preparation for planting. The boys and I gave my mom her herb planter, and she said that she had been wanting one. I loved seeing so many fantastic photographs friends were sharing of their moms on social media! Moms were young once too–even if our kids have no idea! We were–and still are–full of hopes, dreams, fears, anxieties…fully human and more than our kids may ever know until they have kids of their own. Or maybe they won’t. Nevertheless, being a mom is the most important thing I have ever done. Easy? No. Appreciated? Rarely. Important? No doubt.
One of Bueno’s go-to meals is skillet roasted salmon. He tells me he makes it because he knows I love it, and it always delivers! He laughs when I tell him I could live off salmon, dark chocolate, and green drink. But it’s true!
Have a good one! xoxo, dana
- fillet of salmon
- generous season of kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper
- olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Heat olive oil in skillet on medium high heat.
- Right before oil begins to smoke – add prepared salmon skin side up
- Cook for 5 minutes
- Turn salmon over
- Cook for another 5 minutes
- Put skillet in oven and bake in 400 degree preheated oven for 5 minutes
- Adjust time in oven less or more for desired degree of doneness of salmon