I crave crunch, and a raw salad delivers! I appreciate salads that can be prepared quickly to satisfy my crunch craving and also keep for the next day. I created this raw salad, and my sidekick, Nacho told me he liked it even better than my first Shaved Raw Brussels Sprouts Salad. Bueno loved it as well – Shaved Raw Brussels Sprouts + Fennel Slaw.
May your crunch craving be satisfied like mine! xoxo, dana
- 1 pound brussels sprouts, trimmed and washed
- 1 bulb fennel
- ½ cup vegan mayo
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Cut brussels sprouts in half length wise.
- “Shave” brussels sprouts, thinly slicing them.
- Trim and quarter bulb of fennel.
- Thinly slice fennel.
- Mix shaved brussels sprouts and sliced fennel in a bowl.
- In a separate small bowl whisk the mayo, lemon juice, kosher salt and black pepper.
- Pour the dressing mixture over combined brussels sprouts and fennel.
- Stir to combine well.
- Serve or refrigerate until ready to serve.