I am thrilled to post my Peanut Butter Cookie recipe with a Bob’s Red Mill Gift Pack Giveaway!! When I started Dana’s Bread (back in 1990), I was renting bakery space and baking at night after my day job. There I was—alone in the back of my local health food store, Food Fantasies, making whole grain, freshly milled, bread. Creating freshly baked goods using the best ingredients was my passion then and still is today. As I walked the aisles of the store late at night, putting my loaves of bread on the shelves and loading up some to be delivered to customers, I passed by packages of Bob’s Red Mill products on the store shelves.
23 years later, I am still using ingredients which I think are the best for baked goods for my family and friends, like Bob’s Red Mill Gluten-Free All Purpose Baking Flour (wheat free and dairy free) which I used in these Peanut Butter Cookies—that are also vegan!! I knew I had hit the jackpot when Bueno—who likes to put peanut butter even on peanut butter cookies—devoured several without his usual peanut butter slathering on top.
How to enter
1. Tweet it!
Follow me on twitter and tweet about the giveaway. Then come back here and leave a comment with a link to your tweet. These buttons should make it easy:
You must include @dbuenovida and a link to this post in your tweet.
2. Facebook it!
First, “Like” the BuenoVida Facebook Page:
Then, share this post on Facebook:
Then leave a comment on this post to let me know that you’ve shared it.
- 4 Tablespoons Earth Balance Butter – I prefer the sticks for baking (at room temperature)
- 4 Tablespoons Coconut Oil (I like to use Expeller Pressed Coconut Oil)
- ½ cup Creamy Peanut Butter (I used Organic Creamy – made with dry roasted organic peanuts and sweetened with organic pure cane sugar)
- ½ cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Flax Seed Meal
- 2 Tablespoons Unsweetened Almond Milk
- ½ Teaspoon Vanilla
- 1½ cups Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free All Purpose Baking Flour (8.5 ounces in weight)
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- ¼ Teaspoon Salt
- ⅓ – ½ Cup Coarsely Chopped Roasted Peanuts
- Add the flax seed meal to the almond milk in a small dish. Whisk until combined and allow to set for 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cream together the Earth Balance, coconut oil, brown sugar and peanut butter with an electric mixer until well combined.
- Add the flax meal/ almond milk mixture and vanilla to the mixer, and mix until all ingredients are combined.
- In another bowl – whisk together Bob’s Red Mill GF All Purpose Baking Flour, baking soda and salt.
- Slowly add the flour mixture to the peanut butter mixture while beating or stirring until smooth, but do not over-mix.
- Scoop the dough with a ice cream scoop or a heaping tablespoon, press the chopped peanuts onto the top of scooped cookies and place on a greased cookie sheet or sheet lined with parchment paper (chopped peanuts will be on top of the cookie dough balls).
- Press cookie dough down with palm of hand until flattened slightly.
- Bake 12-14 minutes until a golden brown.
- Cool on cookie sheet for 10 minutes before placing cookies on cooling rack.
Other Gluten-Free Cookie Recipes I think you would really like :
Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies from Kate at Cookie + Kate
Roasted Almond Cardamom Cookies from Julia at The Roasted Root
The Fine Print
- Sweepstakes ends at 11:59pm central on March 25, 2013.
- Odds of winning depend on the number of entries received. No purchase necessary. Sweepstakes is void where prohibited by law.
- After the entry period ends, I’ll use a random number generator to pick the winner, and I will contact him or her directly. They will have three (3) calendar days to reply with a shipping address, else I’ll pick another winner.
- Shipping is limited to U.S. Addresses only, sorry.