At Dana’s Bread, I had deli items for sale by the pound for carry out lunch or dinner. Back then, as owner of Dana’s Bread and single mom, on many nights, I was bone tired and grabbed a baguette with pesto from my bakery to take home for dinner. Audra, my young daughter, and I would share dinner of hunks of baguette slathered with pesto from the bakery. It was dinner… all I had the time and energy for, and she loved it! This is a vegan version of my Dana’s Bread recipe, and for The Love of Kale… Pesto.
Check our Facebook page on how I preserve Kale Pesto to have throughout the year! Hugs, Dana
- 1 and ½ cups packed basil (approximately 1.7 ounces) washed and dried
- 1 and ½ cups packed baby kale (approximately 1.7 ounces) washed and dried
- ½ cup walnuts, lightly toasted
- 4 large cloves garlic
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt (or more to taste)
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- In the bowl of a food processor, combine the basil, kale, walnuts, garlic and sea salt.
- Pulse to combine.
- Add the olive oil and process until smooth, or desired consistency.